Word Search – Lean vocabulary
The search for the hidden key words brings a little bit of fun to the recap activity
This activity is one way one can help the brain move recently acquired knowledge from short-term memory to long-term memory. So much needed at the end of a training day or the beginning of the next one. Participants are mentally reviewing all the major concepts related to the training’s topic. They do it while searching for the words hidden in the table. Why not have a little bit of fun while doing this? To make everything tricky, search the words vertically, horizontally, diagonally, and backwards. Have fun!
- Introduce the activity to the participants.
- Split them into teams.
- Provide the activity link.
- Participants engage in this quest while keeping an eye on the timer. The winning team finds all 12 words in the shortest time or the highest number of words in a predefined time (e.g. 3 minutes)
- One member from each team will play the roles of the observer and time-keeper in the opponent team. If possible, the co-trainers could play these roles.
- Participants can use their training materials or not during this activity, your choice.
- In case of a tie, you can ask each team leader to answer 1 or 2 questions related to the words they found. For example, ask about what links them to the concepts of the training session.
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA