Word Search – Lean vocabulary
The search for the hidden key words related to the training’s topic brings a little bit of fun to the recap activity
This activity is an excellent option to help participants move their recently acquired knowledge from the short term memory to the long term memory. Why not have a little bit of fun while doing this? Participants are mentally reviewing all the major concepts related to the training’s topic while searching for the words that were hidden in the table. And to make everything tricky, the words are written vertically, horizontally, diagonally, backwards. Have fun!
- Introduce the activity to the participants and split into teams.
- Provide the activity link.
- Participants engage in this quest while keeping an eye on the timer, since the winning team will be the one that will find all the 12 words in the shortest time or the highest number of words in a predefined time (e.g. 5 minutes)
- Training materials can be used or not during this activity, your choice.
- In case two teams score the same time and find all 12 words/same number of words, if you wish to break the tie you can ask each team leader to answer 1-2 questions regarding the way in which the words they found are linked to the concepts presented within the training session.
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA