The current way of working
Discover both positive and negative perceptions about the current way of working
This contrast activity allows participants to focus on both pros and cons of the current way of working. This helps deal with their tendency to focus on only one of them. They can consider how they do things within their team, or extend the analysis to the organizational level. Having the whole picture, they can start making the proper adjustments to the way they work. Also, this simple list brings complexity to the table. More perspectives on this topic create a feeling of “we’re in this together and together we will find a solution”.
- Introduce the activity to the participants.
- Split them into teams.
- Encourage the teams to nominate a team coordinator. They will facilitate the discussion in the breakout room. In the end, they will present the outcome to the other teams. The team coordinators can rely on the ideas written within the predefined template.
- Join each team and provide the activity link.
- Participants brainstorm, discuss and write down on sticky notes which aspects they enjoy and which they dislike when it comes to the way they’re working within their team/organization.
- Suggest them to write down one idea/sticky note.
- Mention that there are no good/bad ideas.
- The team coordinator from each team will present the outcome of this contrast activity on the current way of working.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- Are there any common points between the lists? What does it mean to you?
- Where do you see the most significant impact of these aspects: on productivity or the business relationship?
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language