Collecting ideas on why we should favor a fast change and why we may tend to postpone or avoid implementing changes
Participants discover which factors have a positive influence on the way they respond to a changing work environment, and which factors influence them in a negative way, as in determine them to avoid or postpone any action related to this topic. This way, they become more able to understand which are the levers they could use to overcome the resistance and start acting more proactively in times of change.
- Introduce the activity to the participants and split into teams.
- Encourage the teams to nominate a team coordinator that will help the team put the ideas together and then present the findings to the other teams.
- Join each team and provide the activity link
- Participants brainstorm, discuss and make a list of pros and cons on dealing with constant changes at work. They write each idea on a sticky note, on the virtual flipchart sheet prepared beforehand.
- The team coordinator from each team will present the outcome of this contrast activity.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- What do the common points between the lists mean to you?
- Which are the pros that have the biggest impact on you?
- Are the pros that you’ve just discovered enough to drive you to act proactively in times of change or do you need additional resources? Which ones?
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language