Successful Leader vs. toxic Manager
Discover the key differences between a successful leader and a toxic manager
Participants use brainstorming to gather a collection of traits for a successful leader and a toxic manager. This in-depth depiction helps participants better understand the difference between the two. Think contrast: successful leader vs toxic manager!
- Introduce the activity to the participants.
- Split them into teams.
- Encourage the teams to nominate a team coordinator. They will help the team put the ideas together and then to present the findings to the other teams.
- Join each team and provide the activity link.
- Participants brainstorm and discuss the traits that define a successful leader and a toxic manager.
- They write down on sticky notes the key traits. Then they place them on the board in the predefined template.
- Recommend them to write one trait/note.
- Tell them it’s not a 1:1 contrast between the two. The purpose of this activity is to highlight some special differences.
- The team coordinator from each team presents the outcome to the other teams, using the successful leader vs toxic manager contrast.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- Are there any common points between the lists? What does it mean to you?
- When defining the successful leader, did you have a specific role model/personality in mind?
- Why do you find these traits as being “toxic”?
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language