Successful Leader vs. toxic Manager
Contrast activity to discover key differences between a successful leader and a toxic manager
Participants brainstorm and gather a collection of traits of a successful leader and toxic manager, to better understand the difference between the two. Think contrast: successful leader vs toxic manager!
- Introduce the activity to the participants and split into teams; encourage the teams to nominate a team coordinator that will help the team put the ideas together and then to present the findings to the other teams.
- Join each team and provide the activity link
- Participants brainstorm, discuss and write down on sticky notes the key traits first for the successful leader, then for the toxic manager.
- The team coordinator from each team will present the outcome to the other teams using successful leader vs toxic manager contrast.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- Are there any common points between the lists? What does it mean to you?
- When defining the successful leader, did you have a specific role model/personality in mind?
- Why do you find these traits as being “toxic”?
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language