Define your own sprint calendar like a pro
Participants get the knowledge and proper tools to define a sprint calendar by the book. This activity allows them to practice, share ideas and get feedback on this approach. They learn to estimate and plan their work to achieve the sprint goal in the given time. This is how they develop specific abilities to manage their agile daily activity.
- Introduce the activity to the participants.
- Split them into teams.
- Each team will name a team coordinator. They will facilitate the discussion in the breakout room. In the end, they will present the outcome to the other teams. The team coordinators can rely on the ideas written within the predefined template.
- Join each team and provide the activity link.
- Participants think about the work they have to perform to produce an increment. They take into consideration a specific project from their activity.
- They discuss and write down on sticky notes specific stories. They refer to those that can move them further towards the sprint goal.
- Then they place the notes on the predefined calendar. This format allows them later on to rearrange them in a quick and easy way. This is how they can accommodate their progress and priorities.
- The team coordinator from each team will present the outcome to the other teams.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- What helped you estimate and plan your work?
- What challenges did arise during the activity? How did you overcome them?
- What resources do you need to implement this in your team/organization?
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language