SCRUM – Benefits and Challenges
Brainstorm on the benefits and challenges related to using SCRUM inside your organisation
Participants compile a list of advantages and challenges of using SCRUM. They can even refer to the popular perception (preconceptions) within their organisation. This is an excellent way to discover and prepare for dealing with different reactions of their colleagues. Also, to unravel the importance of this work frame and mindset.
- Introduce the activity to the participants.
- Split them into teams.
- Encourage the teams to nominate a team coordinator. They will facilitate the discussion in the breakout room. In the end, they will present the outcome to the other teams. The team coordinators can rely on the ideas written within the predefined template.
- Join each team and provide the activity link.
- Participants brainstorm and discuss the advantages and challenges of using SCRUM. They state here their perspective and also the general perception within their organization. This helps them prepare for managing all possible reactions.
- Then they write down these ideas on virtual sticky notes. They can use here different colors to cluster them even more.
- Recommend them to write one idea/sticky note.
- Participants place the sticky notes in the right column on the Colltrain flipchart.
- The team coordinator from each team will present the outcome to the other teams.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- What’s your feeling after seeing these lists?
- Are there any common points between the lists? What does it mean to you?
- To what extent does this list of advantages and challenges of using SCRUM help you in your professional activity?
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language