Team up for a pair introduction with high level of engagement and zero stage fright, based on the interview technique
Participants team up for a pair introduction. They interview their team partner and then present them in plenary, based on the notes they took during the short conversation they had in the breakout rooms. This is an interesting and welcomed variation to the self-introduction since it’s easier to talk about somebody else than yourself. The questions addressed during the PM pair interview are related to the topic of the training session, so the input gathered from each pair that presents itself is a great icebreaker for the discussion in sight.
- Introduce the activity to the participants and split them into teams of two participants.
- Provide the activity link. Participants will have access to the information written down by other teams, yet the interviews will be private since they will take place in the breakout rooms.
- Each team member answers the questions written on the flipchart in Colltrain. Their partner writes down the answers on sticky notes and places them in the right column of the board.
- Teams come back to the main room of the videoconferencing app; each participant shares his findings of his team partner with the group.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- Did you find things you can relate to? What does this mean to you?
- Did you notice some new approaches that you may test soon?
By changing the questions included in this pair interview, you can create an activity suitable for other training topics.
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language