Help participants connect on a deeper level. Get them to share about their favorite hero
Description of MyHero activity
This self-introduction activity invites participants to share about their favourite heroes. This subject is easy to tackle by anyone and everybody feels they’re bringing something valuable to the table. By mentioning the reason behind their choice, they get to know each other better. It often touches a very personal chord, the one related to personal values. So you might say it’s an excellent option to create a deeper connection within the group. Also, to share unbiased points of view linked to the training’s topic.
- Introduce the activity to the participants.
- Provide them with the activity link (one for the entire group of participants).
- Participants choose their favourite hero out of 6 characters presented on the board. They use their Colltrain nametag to mark their choice on the board. They drag it next to the image they chose.
- Each participant presents to the group their choice and the reasons behind it.
- Very often participants share hobbies, beliefs, values, personal traits, and preferences.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- What do you think of these common choices? What does this mean to you?
- Do you see any connection with the main topic of our discussion?
- Have you heard any ideas that are a good fit for yourself as well?
During the debrief, the facilitator may choose to make a transition to another topic. It could relate to inclusion, common values, productive beliefs, wellbeing, and role models.
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language