Connecting participants on a more personal level through a sharing session about the favorite hero, based on a walk the board activity
Description of MyHero activity
This self-introduction activity based on the metaphor of a hero allows participants to share their personal opinion on their favorite hero and thus to get to know each other better. Excellent option to create a connection within the group and to share unbiased points of view that can be related to the training’s topic.
- Introduce the activity to the participants and allow them to choose their favorite hero from the 6 characters presented on the board.
- Participants choose their hero and use their Colltrain avatar to mark their choice on the board.
- Each participant presents to the group his choice and the reasons behind it.
- Very often participants share hobbies, beliefs, values, personal traits, and preferences.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- What do you think of these common choices? What does this mean to you?
- Do you see any connection with the main topic of our discussion?
- Have you heard any ideas that are a good fit for yourself as well?
During the debrief, the facilitator may choose to make a transition to any topic related to inclusion, common values, productive beliefs, wellbeing, role models.
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language