Discover and clarify your role, from three perspectives: client, management, and team members
Knowing your role is a stepping stone in the process of finding the right way to interact with clients, managers and team members. This activity is meant to provide the participants with the proper setup to discover what needs and expectations of these three types of interlocutors they should meet as part of their role.
- Introduce the activity to the participants and split into teams.
- Provide the activity link.
- Participants brainstorm and write down on sticky notes their ideas, based on the three perspectives: client, management, team.
- They can cluster the ideas written on the notes even further since the sticky notes can be moved freely on the board.
- The team coordinator from each team will present the outcome to the other teams.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- What did you discover during this activity?
- Do these 3 types of interlocutors have any common expectations or needs? What does this mean to you?
As this activity inspire participants to develop their own understanding of the role components from others’ perspective, you can have other 3-4 perspectives of people or roles with whom participants are interacting.
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language