Discover and clarify your role, from three perspectives: client, management, and team members
Understanding your role is a stepping stone in finding the right way to interact with others. They may be your clients, managers or team members. This activity creates the proper setup to discover your role. One effective way is to look through the lens of those around you. Knowing what they need and expect from you makes meeting your role easier.
- Introduce the activity to the participants.
- Split them into teams.
- Provide the activity link.
- Participants brainstorm and write down on sticky notes their ideas. They note the needs and expectations of those they are working with or for. They take into account three key perspectives: client, management, and team.
- Recommend them to write one idea/sticky note.
- Mention that there are no good or bad ideas.
- They can discuss and cluster the ideas written on the notes even further.
- The team coordinator from each team will present the outcome to the other teams.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- What did you discover during this activity?
- Was there anything surprising/new about the needs and expectations you listed?
- Do these 3 types of interlocutors have any common expectations or needs? What does this mean to you?
Inspire participants even more to develop their understanding of their role components. Introduce some other roles they are interacting with and run once again the activity. It will help them broaden their perspective on this topic.
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language