My Role as Project Manager
Discover and clarify your role as Project Manager, from three perspectives: client, sponsor and team
Knowing what is expected from a Project Manager will take participants one step closer to defining the best approach when it comes to communicating and sparking engagement in clients, sponsors and team members. This activity is meant to provide the participants with the proper setup to discover what needs and expectations of these three types of interlocutors they should meet as part of their role.
- Introduce the activity to the participants and split them into teams.
- Each team will name a team coordinator who will facilitate the discussion in the breakout room and then present the outcome to the other teams, based on the ideas written within the predefined template.
- Provide the activity link to each team.
- Participants brainstorm and write down on sticky notes their ideas in terms of the needs and expectations of people involved in the project: client, sponsor, and team.
- They can cluster the ideas written on the notes even further since the sticky notes can be moved freely on the board.
- The team coordinator from each team will present the outcome to the other teams.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- What did you discover during this activity?
- Do these 3 types of interlocutors have any common expectations or needs? What does this mean to you?
This activity follows activity type guide from CARTA
Play in Colltrain
Choose your language