Car brands (non-electric vehicles)
An activity that makes participants give it some thought and create a personal rank. And in the end, it’s more than just about cars
This Demo activity is based on the Colltrain Ripple
This activity allows participants to get in touch with a series of options of non-electric cars, and then select and rank only those that have the greatest significance to them.
It’s both interesting and relevant to discover a group’s perspective when they are constrained to choose a certain number of items. Also, it’s insightful to find out the reasons behind each’s choice, in terms of values, past experiences, etc. Running this type of activity is beneficial to group connection and accuracy in knowing a group’s perception of a topic. This may also help the process of decision-making when there are a lot of options on the table and/or very different perspectives at first glance.
- Introduce the activity to the participants and provide them with the access link or the QR code.
- Each participant works on their own. They select from the range of items the one they want to put on a specific place within the rank. The rank may have 3 or 5 places or any other number that fits the purpose.
- After placing their favourite items, participants hit submit and wait for the facilitator’s instructions.
- The facilitator has the option to display the answers compiled in a centralized chart of their choice – pie, bar, column, doughnut. They can also display individual answers, one by one, by clicking on the participant’s name on the right.
- The facilitator may ask the following questions:
- How hard was it for you to select only x items? How did you choose?
- What were the specific criteria behind your decision to select those specific items?
- Do these results surprise you in any way? How come?
- How similar is the group’s view to your own? What does this mean to you?
This activity is part of the survey series using Colltrain Ripple.